Simultaneous interpretation is a common linguistic practice. In simultaneous interpretation, the speaker delivers his message/speech in his own language; the interpreter orally translates this running speech of the speaker in to target language.
Listen to what the speaker is saying.
- Translate it in your mind.
Render the translation into the microphone.
At the same time, listen to what is being said while he is speaking himself.
- Be very attentive and alert.
- Inculcate a very sound grasping power.
- Acquire decent language experience of both the languages—source language and target language.
- Have a decent subject knowledge.
- Study the background or be prepared on the subject of the meeting / conference.